In December 1945, Douglas Allair became the new fire chief of the Windsor Volunteer Fire Department.
Allair had been a member of the local fire force for 16 years. He was assistant fire chief for six years prior to his promotion. Chief Allair worked for the United Aircraft Corporation in East Hartford where he was captain of the corporation’s fire department.
Windsor’s new fire chief urged residents to call him at his number, 810, about any matter concerning fire prevention or fire hazards.