In May 1945, the Church of Christ, Wilson, conducted a drive to obtain a new organ. Plans called for it to be known as the Memorial Organ, which meant that contributors could designate their gifts as being in memory of a loved one.
Nan Carmon was chairwoman of the Organ Drive Committee. It planned to put a progress chart in the vestibule of the church, which at the time of the drive, was located in Wilson at 279 Windsor Avenue. It was later sold to the Windsor Library Association who tore the church building down so that a new Wilson Library could be built on the site. In 1963, the Church of Christ, Wilson, changed its name to the Wilson Congregational Church and erected a new church building at 691 Windsor Avenue. Today, the Holy Temple Church of God in Christ is located there.